"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, December 18, 2010

Prezzies!

I woke up this morning with Arvo Job stuff going around and around inside in my head - a sure sign that I'm spending way way too much time in the Real World. This week at the All-Day and All-Night Arvo Job was absolutely nutso. I'm also getting seriously grumpy. Too much mundane stuff pushing the writing stuff from my brain for too many weeks on end tends to make me crotchety.

Fortunately I got an early Chrissie present today, which cheered me up immensely - a swing chair with a canopy from my brothers and sister, upon which I can sit or lie in the back garden and write, read, daydream and nap. I've already done a test run with the daydreaming and napping. It went well on both counts - the gentle swinging was incredibly calming. I'm looking forward to doing a lot of reading out there during the upcoming Xmas break, and taking Rover out the back for the occasional session of alfresco writing . Aaaaaah - holidays. So close now that I can smell 'em.

Of course, I may have a fight on my hands claiming ownership of such a fabulous piece of snoozing equipment:

No comments: