"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Salvation

I'm not at the Arvo Job - this doesn't feel right. And why not? Because there's a man with a mower (hurrah!!!) clearing the jungle out front, so soon I'll be able to hold my head high as I come and go. As soon as he's done, it's back to the rush, rush, rush of pre-Xmas arvojobbing with the thought of the holidays up ahead fixed firmly in my mind.

In other news, my vamp story was pretty swiftly sent back with a big, electronic no-thanks stamp on it. That's okay - the time period I set it in makes it suitable for another anthology, so I'll polish it over the next 4-5 days and send it off again.
You have to bounce back and work hard on remaining optimistic in this business.

No comments: