"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Thursday, September 22, 2011

Interconnectivitiness

On the way to the Arvo Job, I finished another non-fiction, reading-on-the-tram-after-a-session-of-writing-on-the-train book, which this month was The Fated Sky. Astrology in History by Benson Bobrick. It ended by quoting The Year's Awakening , a poem by Thomas Hardy (How do you know that the pilgrim track / Along the belting zodiac / Swept by the sun in his seeming rounds / Is traced by now to the Fishes' bounds / And into the Ram...)
At the Arvo Job, my current lunchtime audiobook is The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy (good stuff!!)

Today, Elizabeth-Jane, in an effort to win the increasingly grumpy Henchard's approval, was trying to be more ladylike and better herself by not using common peasant words like dumbledore and hagrid...

Such things amuse me.

No comments: