"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Monday, December 26, 2011

Allow it

I'm just back from a double at Star Cinema - we saw 'The Debt' and 'Attack the Block'. Because of the latter, I'll probably be saying things like 'check it' and 'shizzle' for the next few days. I must say, I respect the fact that ATB bothered to come up with a reasonably plausible sci-fi reason for the scenario - aliens attacking a single London housing estate and focusing on one gang - which is more than can be said for some of the spineless SF movies I've watched this year that were served up by much bigger Hollywood productions.

And while we're on the topic of fudged SF storylines, if you're one of those people who were mightily displeased by the inane ending of Battleship Galactica, here's an in depth essay on why it didn't work the big one. Needless to say, it's chock full of spoilers.

No comments: