"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Feeling outshausted

In a few days, my presently hired out brain will belong to me again. Thoughts unrelated to the Arvo Job will hopefully occur then. Bring it on.

And speaking of long days at work, a certain despot (I will not sully my blog with his name) just carked it. According to official and entirely believable sources i.e. rich and powerful apparatchiks with no interest whatsoever in maintaining the status quo, this much loved leader's heart attack was the result of his being exhausted from selflessly slaving away, year after year, to make life better for his poor, downtrodden, persecuted, starving, bled dry and dying-in-droves people.

Yeah. He was a real saint.

2 comments:

parlance said...

I read that he had the distinction of leading a country in which millions of his people starved.

It's hard to know what to make of the scenes of his people weeping that he's died.

Gitte Christensen said...

Possibly there’s some perverse system of honours dealt out to despots that looks favourably upon his “achievements” as a mass-murdering tyrant, but I’d rather not know about it.

As for the weeping, I think there are hundreds of doctorates worth of study in disentangling the fear, ignorance, the effects of generations of persecution, systematic societal brainwashing, and, I don’t know, the blind, mass-hysterical love of a people so thoroughly abused that they actually revere the father-god figure who was their abuser because if they don’t, they’d have to face a truth, and the truth is too horrible to endure and too impossible to live with and too dangerous to change and...

Yep, you’re right, it’s hard to know what to make of it.