"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, December 11, 2011

Arabian days

My sister and I went riding through the Wombat Forest today. We went out by ourselves in the morning and had a good natter as we rode along at a relaxed pace, then did the hard, fast, daredevil ride with other experienced riders in the afternoon.

Today was unique in that I rode a white Arabian horse for the morning ride - my old friend M, who is getting on in years, but is still lively and very personable - and then K, a brand new, very energetic and willful, white Arabian horse for the afternoon ride, who, I think, has been brought in to be M's replacement in the years to come. He was a bit of a handful, but I had a ball.

Unfortunately, the afternoon ride ended with an accident and an ambulance ride for one of our fellow riders, a timely reminder that horse riding is a high risk activity. I was right behind the rider who was injured when it happened and saw the whole thing. Not good. I'll check back tomorrow to see how she is.

No comments: