"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, February 3, 2012

Locus Plague

The Locus 2011 Recommended reading list is up here.

A quick scan (that's my get-out-of-jail-card for anyone I've missed or don't recognise as a compatriot - sorry!) reveals many familiar names, and one odd author out that I've added just to see if you know your Aussie SF & F writers - Peter M Ball, Kaaron Warren, Jo Anderton , Greg Egan , Margo Lanagan , Terry Dowling , Tansy Rayner Roberts , Isobelle Carmody, Chris Lawson, Alison Goodman, China Miéville, Lucy Sussex, Kim Westwood, Damien Broderick and Thoraiya Dyer.

Congrats to them all. How wow! must it be to have your name on a list that includes so many admirable talents. I was going to mention a few of the Big Ones, but gave up, unable to decide which names to pluck from such a cornucopia of coolness.

No comments: