"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, February 24, 2012

A-Workshopping We Will Go, Again.

After deciding that it was high time I put my writerly ego on the chopping block again, at three minutes to midnight, I’ve finally paid up for another SF & F workshop. I actually booked it late last month, but then it didn’t look like I was going to be able to go through with it. Unexpected big bills eating into my pin money (my vet is probably planning an around the world trip as I write this) and other obstacles led to a deferment. However, on discovering that there were still 2 places available two days ago, I sternly told myself that I needed to make this happen, so I vigorously shook the piggy bank and checked under the sofa cushions for loose change.

Reader, I made it! Despite all my dawdling, I’m off tomorrow to the first of 5 Saturday sessions of No Nonsense Spec-Fic: How to Write Professional Fiction with Jack Dann.

Mind you, since I found out yesterday morning that V-line has conveniently scheduled buses to replace all the trains this weekend, who knows what adventures I’ll experience just trying to get to the Wheeler Centre. :( Bonus points if I get there on time.

2 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

Excellent!

See you tomorrow.

Steve

Gitte Christensen said...

Yep, see you in 9 - 10 hours.