"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Big Stuff

Damn, I just realised I'll still be too bed-bound to see Prometheus when it comes out. Boo. Another much anticipated SF event that will skedaddle by whilst I linger. I'll have to stick my fingers in my ears and hum as people opine about it. And stay off the Internet. Hmmm... pretty much mission impossible unless I isolate myself at the bottom of a deep sea trench, I'm thinking.

This looks more promising - a new Kim Stanley Robinson science-saga mega-tome to while away the hours. You can read about his thoughts on things futuristic here over at John Scalzi's blog : 
I'll just have to organise some kind of major support system to rest it on while I flip the pages :) Mind you, I'll probably zip through the audio book Mars series I'm listening to at the Arvo Job at the moment and am truly enjoying all over again. I originally thought I'd finish it sometime around Xmas, but there's a deadline I can move up now.

2 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

Hope you're feeling better and all went well. Just thought I'd let you know I was thinking about you.


Steve

Gitte Christensen said...

Not there yet, but thank you for the thought. I'll probably be offline for a couple of weeks, but I'll crawl to a keyboard as soon as I can.

Enjoy Natcon.