"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, May 13, 2012

Quickie Congratses!

I almost forgot to check the 2012 Aurealis winners. Congratulations to all of them. The only ones I can throw in a personal yay for are these two:

ANTHOLOGY 
Ghosts by Gaslight edited by Jack Dann and Nick Gevers (Harper Voyager)

FANTASY SHORT STORY
“Fruit of the Pipal Tree”by Thoraiya Dyer (After the Rain,FableCroft Publishing)

Jack Dann because I'm attending his spec-fic workshop and now hear his voice in the back of my head dissecting every sentence I construct, and Thoraiya because she's left a few comments here, including a kind solicitation for a recent rejection :) Hmm, if memory serves, that makes two Aurealis Awards for Best Fantasy Short Story for Ms Dyer (Yowie - Sprawl, Twelfth Planet Press, 2010). Some people just know how to write. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, mate! I think the more pertinent advice here is: Some people don't know when to quit. And that can be a good thing ;)

(Two more rejections waiting for me when I got back from Sydney. Obviously they HAVEN'T HEARD ;))

Thoraiya

Gitte Christensen said...

Ah yes, quitting. Every now and then one plays with the idea, but for better or worse, it never lasts long.

And who the heck are these fools who rejected a two times Aurealis winner?