"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, September 15, 2012

Gearing Up


I'll be putting on my jammies soon and hitting bed early tonight because - yay! - I'm heading off for a tiny horse ride tomorrow. Tiny as in it'll just be an ever so very very gentle and short 2 hour ride, that is, not as in it in any way involves miniature equines. It'll just be my sister and me, two good horses, the Daylefordian countryside, and hopefully a nice sunny day for clopping at a relaxed pace through the Wombat Forest. I haven't ridden since back in April, before my first operation, so I'm really looking forward to climbing back in the saddle. My gear is all lined up and I'm raring to go. Cross fingers I'm not overextending myself, and that my poor old sliced and diced body is up for it. I think it'll do me a world of good.

But first, I'm going to hunker down in front of the TV, fire up the blu-ray, load up a tray with herbal tea and fresh fruit goodies, and finally watch Another Earth, which I've been meaning to catch for ages. As I've posted on a few occasions, I do love a good SF, mirror planet, doppelganger movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what? I have never had my own horse. I've never had close friends or family with horses. I've vetted a hundred horses but I've always had to pay if I wanted to ride one. So I'm a tiny bit jealous. But I hope you have a glorious and pain-free ride tomorrow.

And you've inspired me to get out into the local bushland tomorrow, which is only 30 mins away. It can be a test of patience, since the Small One walks so slowly, and I don't get the feeling of being part of the native forest, because she is so loud and inquisitive.

But spring is sprung. I'll think of you on my walk :)

Thoraiya

Steve Cameron said...

Have fun!

Steve

Gitte Christensen said...


Thank you, Steve, I did, in spades.

I hope you and the Small One had a lovely bushland walk, Thoraiya. I mentioned your comment to my sister while we were riding, so we both thought of you and the Small One for a moment.

I don't actually have my own horse right now (hopefully again one day soon when I'm not commuting so much) but I do know people with horses. Also my sister and I have been riding for years and we have places that we go to so regularly that we know and get the good horses. The Daylesford place is the very best because we get to go off by ourselves with our favourite mounts for, usually, a whole day at a time, so it's almost as good as having our own.