"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, September 25, 2012

That Friggin' Frosty Splinter


So today I have a Date with Destiny.

For the last week, my focus has dramatically narrowed, and it's just been me, the 25th September, and the tunnel that leads me to that upcoming meeting with my medicos.  I did absolutely no writing last week. The brain is not up for it. Other things have priority.

My perception is presently split into two - the part that is doing the living and not particularly enjoying the situation, and the part that is observing my own reactions and watching the way people around me are behaving, viewing the whole thing with writerly interest. The doing-the-hard-yards part of me has no patience with that attitude and wants to king hit the pretentious Graham-Greene-wannabe part and then grind her underfoot. Hopefully the two parts will reconcile soon.

Anyway, I need to get to this meeting so I can get through this meeting and then move on to the other side of it. Then I can make plans again.

Oh, and of course there was a rejection waiting for me when I got home from the Arvo Job. They always know when to hit you with them for maximum effect. And this one was in the works for so long and was soooooo close. I really thought... It was a nice rejection though. Not to worry - I'll get over it.

No comments: