"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, September 14, 2012

Waffling On About The Dead

 Bards and Sages Publishing have started their series of author interviews to promote the Return of  the Dead Men (and Women) Walking anthology. The first one is here.

Hmmm, apparently, they're micro interviews.

*gulp*

Micro? As in really tiny? Not very long? No-one told me that. I've checked my emails, and cannot see the word micro, or for that matter short, or any instructions about not waffling on anywhere. The utter wordiness of some of the answers I sent now seems a bit embarrassing. Once I get started, and I'm having fun, well, off I go. But hey, if my interview gets used, I'm sure they'll cut me down to a few pithy lines.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Gitte! I know how you feel. My first snapshot was about three times as long as everyone else's. But you just can't know until afterwards, so don't feel bad. If it's any comfort, I've never found any of your blog posts too long or boring; I've never scrolled impatiently past so much as a single sentence, so I'm sure the interview will be fine :)

Thoraiya of Many Words

Steve Cameron said...

What she said!

Indeed, more words from you is a bonus.

Steve

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank you, Thoraiya of Many Words, my sister in loquacity, for your sympathy,kind words, and for sharing your own experiences of going on and on and on and on :) Mostly, I just squirmed a lot as I imagined the editors rolling their eyes at my lengthy responses and proclaiming 'Will she ever shut up?'

By the way, now that you're here, just out of curiosity, your recent sale to Stupefying Stories (congratulations!)- was it the story you wrote for a certain steampunk antho earlier this year? The title sort of sounds like it might be. Just being a sticky beak. Either way, congratulations on the sale, and the many honourable mentions you've garnered this year.

Gitte

Gitte Christensen said...


Thank you, Steve.

Alas, there are many people in this world who would disagree with you about the agreeableness of more words from me. I have, in my time, suffered many requests to put a sock in it. :)

Gitte