"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, August 16, 2013

The Simplest of Simplest Truths


Squirm all you like - there's just no getting around it, I'm afraid.

Over at SFWA, Mercedes M. Yardley writes:

There’s a difference between being a writer and wanting to be a writer.  There are plenty of conversations about it, about whether payment, time spent, or day jobs land you on either one side or the other. But the consensus seems to be one major thing:  writer’s write. Wannabe writer’s want to write, but they can’t seem to find the time/interest/inspiration.

Words on page. That’s the difference.

You can read the rest here.

It's sad but true, busy, busy folk  - you have to make time for words and ideas. You have to make room in your life for them. And you have to get them down on a page. And then you have to work them over and submit them and...

But mostly, you have to write. And then write some more.

Now, please excuse me, I'm off to work on a WIP on the train.

2 comments:

parlance said...

That Google 'set timer' is good. I'll try it.

Gitte Christensen said...


Ah yes, the lure of the internet. It's why I have a separate work computer. But it'd be good for the connected computer - I still wander off for too long when I shouldn't. I might give it a go myself.