"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, November 9, 2013

Because I Love a Little-Old-Lady-Turns-the-Tables-on-a-Lout Story.


And it's Friday. Almost Saturday. This is about a cat-loving, retired competitive ax-thrower and a burglar who should have done a background check on his intended victim.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/11/04/ax-wielding-woman-chases-thief-away-in-hemet/

Never underestimate little old ladies.

Oops, it is Saturday now. Yay!

5 comments:

parlance said...

I sure hope no one gets the wrong address for a meeting and walks into her home by mistake.

Anonymous said...

Wonder if her cat is as tough as she is!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinaraechapin/18-gifts-for-your-cat-obsessed-friend-a53d

Check this out. Very cute

Gitte Christensen said...


:) I know what you mean, Catherine. I kept thinking myself that if she's that quick to grab her axe on waking in the middle of the night, well, you just wouldn't want to be surprising her EVER. Tap her on the shoulder to say hi possibly might = axe in forehead.

I not sure how tough the cat is, but it must be a sound sleeper. Mine would be all over the place if anyone snuck in. Thanks for the link - I'll have to get an iPhone now just to get that case. And the tights? Not sure. They might be just that bit too much for friends and family to cope with :)

Anonymous said...

Loved the iPhone case too. Great graphics. I'm too much of a tight arse to get one of those phones.

Gitte Christensen said...


I see people everywhere constantly fiddling with them and worry about the time suck factor (I know how I was learning to control the need to constantly view emails, the internet etc) My phone phones. That's good enough for me. For now...