"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Getting Stuff Done


I'm busy getting focused. I finished one story on Monday  - just a shortie, but it's done - and almost completed another today. I know how it ends, and it's not an epic saga either, so it should be done and pretty much polished by Friday after two lots of commuting-writing on the way to the Arvo Job. Then I've got two more stories lined up for completion. I'm feeling productive writingwise again :)

Alas, I've also had to fit in a lot of napping and sleeping lately. I hope it's a passing phase, but if there's one thing I've learnt over the past 2 years, it's if I need to rest, I MUST rest. Obey the body. It's busy doing stuff too. Give it what it needs to get on with the job.

So writing + Arvo Job + normal daily stuff + napping = not much blogging. For now.

Bedtime :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Important to rest. Without it you won't recover as quickly as you could and you won't be as productive during your waking hours. No need to preach, you know that yourself.

Take good care of yourself, you owe that to your body and mind.

parlance said...

Blogging can wait, resting can not. Your body knows what it needs.

Gitte Christensen said...


Thank you - and indeed I do know that I ignore these go-slow requests at my peril. I shall simply kick back and snooze my way through to the other side.

Thank you, Catherine. I shall obey the body, even though I still find it frustrating having to pace myself after a lifetime of being able to push through such trivialities as tiredness :)