"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, November 22, 2013

Those Darn Danes

 

I love this portrait. I love that it exists. I love that the artist, Thomas Kluge, hasn't been beheaded. I love that the painting itself hasn't been burnt, its ashes then dumped in the moat of a 1,000 year old Danish castle. I love that you can go see it at a public exhibition. Many points to the Danish Royal Family for its sense of humour.

You can read a more arty analysis of the mysterious and spooky, and altogether ooky portrait here:  http://www.fastcodesign.com/3022006/design-crime/this-painting-of-the-danish-royal-family-will-steal-your-soul

4 comments:

parlance said...

Well, at least 'our Mary' looks okay.

Gitte Christensen said...


Yep, that was the first thing I checked out. I reckon a few of the Australian popular mags would have been all over this by now if Mary had turned out too weird.

Anonymous said...

One creepy pic. Prince Christian looks like an evil little monarch to be........

Prefer other things Danish. Check this out

http://www.byensforlag.dk

Gitte Christensen said...


Nice. Words on wheels. Coffee, cake and books - some of my favourite things. Reading this, I feel like I need to pop back to Copenhagen for a Danish refreshing.