"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wasting Money

Last night, whilst shopping on my way home from the Arvo Job, I had a hankering for juicy summer fruits and bought some peaches. I could have saved myself a few dollars, however, because today I picked these from the front yard:

The kitchen smells of freshly baked bread and ripe plums at the moment. Nice.

Writingwise, it's been a good week. I'm working well at home in the mornings, then hitting my self imposed minimum of 250 new words per train trip target on the way to the Arvo Job (Yes, all right, I confess - it's a New Year's resolution). I also, just this morning, finally filled in the missing section of the SF saga that I want to send to the Anywhere But Earth anthology, and I hope to finish it tomorrow so it can sit for a week before the final rounds of editing.

No comments: