"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, June 14, 2011

All K'ed out

As mentioned in previous posts, I'm dealing with the bureaucracy and non-helpful customer services staff of two gas and electricity companies. This Kafkaesque nightmare has been going on for over five months now. Well, actually longer, but I was blissfully unaware of the havoc being wreaked with my accounts until early this year. Anyway, I spent this morning on the phone with one of the companies. Again. This time the problem should be fixed. Not like last time when it was supposed to have been fixed, or the times before that, because THIS time it REALLY should be fixed. The fixing involved me - surprise, surprise - making a compromise. Even though what happened wasn't my fault at all. So instead of everything being put back the way it was, I'm staying with the company that hijacked my account (for now) and will pay what I owe long as the bill arrives in my name. Not someone else's name. MY name. This is one of the many things they keep not getting right. I'm sort of hopeful they'll get it done this time because they don't have to strain themselves too much with any unreasonable requests that involve them actually putting things back the way they were before they started messing around with my accounts.

Anyway, we'll see.

*Sigh*

No comments: