"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hanging out for my hols

So I sent off the painted rabbit story for the first time today, then, after a spot of pruning, my one and only vamp story also went out. This will be the vamp story's fourth tryout (it was held for consideration by the last publication I submitted it to, but then released back to me because they couldn't find a place for it and it's not their policy to hold stories for longer than three months - drats!) I love my vamp story. I hope that eventually someone else does too.

The ideas are still coming, which is good, but I haven't really submitted much this month, and most of my writing has been done on the train on the way to the Arvo Job. This mid-year slump is normal. I usually slow down around May /June, then speed up again after the Annual July Winter Writing Break.

So bring it on. AJWWB here I come.

But first, one more looooong week of Arvo Jobbing.

No comments: