"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, June 5, 2011

This and that

So the weekend passed quickly and pleasantly with me doing a bit of this (cleaning, washing, more raking of leaves) and a spot of that (tea and chats at Apple Annie's, sauntering about the Farmers' Market, patting cats, and writing SF&F stories that will thrill and amaze the world.) I also did some reading and finished 'Following the Drum' by Annabel Venning about the lives of army wives and daughters past and present. If you're ever feeling sorry for yourself and think you're having a bad day, dip into this tome. The hellish conditions men, women, children and animals have suffered during battles and sieges throughout the ages utterly defy belief. I won't spoil anyone's Sunday evening by going into details.

Anyway, it's dark outside now and the rain is pounding down, perfect weather for turning on the heater and checking whether there are any stories fit for the regular Sunday evening submission session. Otherwise, I'm eyeing the inbox for responses to stories that have been out and about long enough to make me tentatively hopeful, and gearing up for Continuum 7, which starts on Friday.

And if chickens are your thing and you were wondering, the vagabond chook is still with us. She's taken to hanging out on the roof and teasing the cats from there.

No comments: