"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Danish SF

I feel culturally obliged to get myself a copy of this book.

Many Danish authors place their stories in a local setting, and all of them have something to say in addition to “just” being entertaining. You will find philosophical parables, time travels, space yarns, alternate history and much more, as well as stories which in different ways come close to the literary mainstream.

You can read all about it here

Perhaps I should try to get a copy in Danish. I used to read SF in Danish. **

In other news, I finally finished the pink painted rabbit story. It took a bit longer than planned (doesn't it always?) because my great idea, once it left my head, turned into a flat revenge fantasy. So the whole thing was rewritten twice. My bad guy became a not-so-bad-guy, the good guy became a not-so-good-guy, a teeny love story was inserted, futuristic techno stuff was added, and the payback was twisted into something*. The pink painted bunny, however, remained. There are some things you just don't mess with.

* something different.
** I used to write SF in Danish too. I remember a tale about clones, a planet called New Rome, an SF version of Brutus wielding a knife... brilliant stuff!

No comments: