"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, November 20, 2011

Curses! It's a beautiful, sunny Sunday.

I'd planned a flat-out writing day, but woke up to one of those gorgeous, come-hither-and-enjoy-me Spring days that make it mightily difficult to stay inside and stare at a keyboard. The air is scented, the birds are chirping, the cats and chook are dozing amiably together in the sun, so when the phone rang with an invite to pop out for a walk and a hot beverage this arvo, my already weak defences instantly crumbled.

Ah well, if I get a move on, I can fit in a few lines now. Also (she protested, staving off the you're-not-getting-enough-writing-done guilt that stalks every waking moment) it is important to smell those roses too. And what's more, I'll brazenly justify my tardiness with a quote:


"Abstainer, n. A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure."- Ambrose Bierce

No comments: