"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, November 4, 2011

Grrrrraffiti

So two nights ago**, the local council once again repainted the railway underpass a nice grey colour to cover up the rude / angry/ philosophical graffiti that I usually peruse as I return home from the Arvo Job. I wonder how many times they can do this before the accumulated layers of paint start to noticeably narrow the thoroughfare? Decades? Centuries?Anyway, tonight, as I entered the tunnel, I spotted this, and another similar patch further in:

Further investigation revealed these general public friendly, cuter than your average graffiti cut-outs:






















It won't be long, however, before these little fellas' messages are drowned out by the next round of riotous tagging, crude renderings of the ruder bits of the male and female anatomy, and lots of texta scribblings slagging off Shazza and Dazza.


Then it'll be time for another coat of battleship grey.


***Well, I suppose they didn't do the actual painting during the night... That was just when I noticed it.

No comments: