"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, November 25, 2011

Seussed!

I don't suppose it qualifies as an ear worm, what with there being no music involved, but I've had these words whizzing around inside my head this week as persistently as any ABBA tune:

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.

These lines are, of course, from 'Oh, the Places You’ll Go!' by the one and only Dr. Seuss, and probably give a fair indication of of my current restless state of mind.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)

What bolstering words.

And with that in depth post filed, this is Gitte, Seussing off for the night. The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play...

No comments: