"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Thursday, January 12, 2012

Crouching Writer, Hidden Ending

My steampunk/wuxia story is getting there. I'm rather pleased with it. I was having a problem winding it up (too much fun with those dragons, steampunk weapons and demon battles led to an excessive word count and much meandering away from the pure path of my original objective) but this morning on the train on the way to the Arvo Job, I ruthlessly obliterated indulgent scenes with the deftly executed keystrokes of a highly trained word warrior, even though they were pretty cool if I may say so myself, disciplined the story with a good caning and a few hundred push ups with boulders resting on its back, and finally came up with an ending that satisfied me. A political subplot was introduced. Say no more.

No comments: