"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, January 13, 2012

Funny Friday Refusal

I just, a few moments ago in fact, received a Traditional Friday Night Rejection, but one that was different in that it amused me. My one and only vamp story, which is still doing the rounds because I believe in it, though well received, was passed over because the Editor-in-Chief doesn't like vampires (and who can blame him/her in these hyper-vamped times?) The editor who broke the bad news somewhat dolefully labelled it 'undeadism'.

Ah, ya gotta larrff.

Anyway, I'm not too upset about this rejection (it was a long shot, I knew that going in) because I already have another market lined up - an undead friendly and vamp positive anthology that I'm absolutely certain will take it...

No comments: