"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, July 1, 2012

Duck Weather

It absolutely bucketed down today, but eager to build up my fitness as much as possible, I nonetheless ventured forth with my mega-umbrella and embarked upon my daily shuffle.

And I'm glad I did, because I had the botanical gardens all to myself. Well, almost.  It was just me and a couple of ducks who'd vacated the lake paddling along the paths. Still, they were no bother and didn't take up much room, so I could have a good think about life in general and specific stories as I splashed along in peace and quiet. Best of all, the fresh air obviously cleared my head, and it occurred to me in a facepalming-at-my-own-denseness kind of moment that a certain story I wrote at the beginning of the year for an anthology (it was rejected) also fits the theme of another anthology, and so I promptly subbed it on my return.

No comments: