"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Thursday, February 14, 2013

Easy and Not So Easy Days


The Lawnmower Man is here, making sure the place doesn't look like it's inhabited by a hobo, though he has an easy job of it today. With heat of an Aussie Summer hammering the place, there's not much growing going on. Weeds and plants alike are just grimly hanging on, not wasting any enery on frivolous things like growth, and awaiting the coming of rain. But that's okay. The LMM will more than make up for today's cruising session once that growing begins again and the jungle-like tendencies of my garden once more come to the fore.

Alas, this is one of those weeks when I do more Other Stuff That Isn't Writing than any real, get-stuck-into-it scriberly work. That's okay too. Sometimes you have to clear the decks so you can clear your mind.

And now I'm off to the Arvo Job. Everything is being restructured at the moment. Things have been slowly dismantled over the past few months, and over the coming months, we'll be swapping and clipping and pruning and weedbombuing duties and procedures that have been in place for years, which is anxiety inducing for many people and makes for a tense atmosphere. I wouldn't have minded more certainty this year, if only for the enery-saving component of predictability, but what can you do? It'll be okay, I'm sure, although even as I type them, I sense an air of 'famous last words' about that statement.

*obviously I couldn't type the word 'energy' this morning. Possibly saving myself the effort of including a 'g' each time was in itself a subconscious effort to save calories.

No comments: