"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Monday, February 4, 2013

To Pop Up To Sydney Or Not To Pop Up To Sydney?


'Tis the question on my mind for the past five minutes since I opened a certain email from a certain organisation.

And why this particular Shakespearean quandry? Because the NSW Writers' Centre is having a one day Speculative Fiction Festival on March 16, and you don't get too many of those in these parts. Many topics of spec-fic relevance will be discussed. Great names abound:

Presenters include: Juliet Marillier, Ian Irvine, Marienne de Pierres, Alison Croggon, Richard Harland, Melina Marchetta, Lisa Hannett, Garth Nix, John Flanagan, Cat Sparks, Kim Wilkins, Sophie Masson, Russell Farr, Dionne Lister, Pamela Freeman, Belinda Murrell, Ben Chandler, Kate Forsyth,  Robert Hood, Jason Nahrung, Kirstyn McDermott, Angela Slatter and Dirk Strasser

Details are here

So I know where Sydney is, approximately (northwards and to the right), but the truly big question is, would I be able to find Rozelle?

2 comments:

parlance said...

Go!

Gitte Christensen said...


I should! I might! I was reliably informed this morning by one of those people who reside further north than Victorians that it's easy to get to Rozelle, so, well, hmmm, seriously considering it!