"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, February 10, 2013

So I Finally Dared Do It


Today I gave the big SF no-humans-just-aliens story I wrote over the Xmas break a final polish and a pat on the head, and then sent it off out into the big wide world. Not just to any publication, mind you, but one of the Big Three. Might as well aim insanely high.

I haven't sent anything off to pro publications for a while, but I'm gearing up for more assaults on those divine heights this year. I'm still weeping over the near misses last year - so close, so close - but moping about what might have been ain't gonna get those mountains scaled, so off we go again.

In other news, as if to counterbalance the new story going out, one of my princess stories for the bad princesses anthology has just been knocked out of the royal race (I have to admit, this particular princess's royalty credentials are pretty tenuous, and of an alien nature, so fair enough). Anyway, that's one princess down, with three (sexy-evil princess, morally-ambiguous-ending princess and rebellious, steampunk warrior-princess) still in the competition. It still amazes me that I had so many princess stories tucked away on my hard drive. And I have one that's still a WIP, although technically the protagonist is a queen, and as we all know, queens are a different kettle of fish altogether.

No comments: