"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, April 14, 2012

Smiley Face

I've just discovered that a second complete stranger that I don't know, not even a tiny little bit, has mentioned here that my story Whale of a Time in Dark Tales of Lost Civilizations was a favourite. He writes:

My favorites include Gitte Christensen’s future vision in which humanity has divided into voluntary yet contract-based subcultures (in this case, a group of ocean-exploring steampunks); and a very smooth weird-West ghost story by Joe Lansdale.

Nifty (I like that he snuck in the word steampunk, because after I wrote it I thought Is it? Have I actually, without definitively setting out to do so, written a steampunk story? ) And to think I almost didn't submit this story after its many rejections. It just goes to show, you never know.

Now, gotta rush. Pop culture beckons and I have to get ready for a pickup.

2 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

Congratulations on the good review. Whale of a Time is an excellent story. I really enjoyed it also.

Steve

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank you, Steve.

See you at the next workshop.