"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What Would Darwin Do?


As a final Easter note, my brother passed on this information, but I wasn't quite sure I believed him, so I Googled, and yes, Easter egg hunts across the US were cancelled this year because of 2011 incidences (how did I miss this news?) where overly-I'm-not-sure-what, supposedly grown-up parents rushed onto the field and shoved aside other folk's bewildered tots either to scoop up a bounty of chocolate for their own offspring or to clear the way and forcefully guide their children to "finding" the eggs.

Wow. Talk about jungles and competiveness. I'm heading off for the Arvo Job soon, and shall digest this scarily calorific brain food along with all the hot cross buns, cheesecake and chocolate (which I found myself or was given - I'm old school Easter, tough and self-reliant) I've consumed over the past four days.

No comments: