"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Monday, April 9, 2012

Thumbing My Nose At Point Eleven

Steve Cameron has a great guest post about advice on advice, as in writing advice as opposed to financial or lifestyle or fashion advice, which is especially useful for beginning and emerging writers, over at David McDonalds' blog.

I followed the links and especially liked this one, all of which is a roundabout way of confessing that, despite it being a lovely, quiet, overcast morning absolutely perfect for writing, there's a pot of tea and a friendly chat waiting for me at a café up the road. Henry Miller will just have to wear it. I'm not sure this rebellion counts as Orwell's point six, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya wanna do rather than what ya shood do.

2 comments:

parlance said...

I love William Safire's ones.

Gitte Christensen said...

Me too. Smart and hilarious.