"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, July 23, 2011

More Barsoom!

Yay! How exciting!

Next year, in time for the 100th anniversary of the publication of A Princess of Mars, the first in the Barsoom series by Edgar Rice Burroughs, not only will there be the previously mentioned John Carter movie to help celebrate the event, but in February 2012 there'll also be an anthology of original stories featuring John Carter of Mars in brand new adventures to carry us back to those youthful reading days of yore.

You can read all about it here.

2 comments:

parlance said...

With this post you've reminded me that I LOVED the Pellucidar books when I was young. I also loved the Tarzan series.

Gitte Christensen said...

And then, of course, there's the crossover 'Tarzan at the Earth’s Core' where you get both Pellucidar AND Tarzan. Bonus points!

It's good to remember one's earlier reading obsessions. I have a real urge to revisit ERB's books, but then I think that it might be best to just enjoy the memory of having enjoyed them. Maybe I'll dip into one and see what my reaction is.