"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, July 15, 2011

You can't stop the doof doof

It's actually been pretty quiet here over the past 2 weeks, which was wonderfully unexpected, and this morning was lovely, but right now, I'm well into my third hour of unneighbourly doof doof and can no longer work with it. So I'm admitting defeat, shutting up shop and heading off for a walk. Drats! I wanted to finish a revision - I'm cutting story from an indulgent 9000 words down to a lean and mean and more to the point 6000 words (I only have 392 more words to go) - so the story could sit a while before I submit it on Sunday.

Hopefully the doof doof will be over by the time I get back.

Ah well, "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley."

No comments: