"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, July 31, 2011

Submission palooza

So I'm done with editing previously rejected stories with a jaundiced eye (and three of the five I sent off were longer stories - phew!), and searching for suitable markets, and angsting over which publication would be the best bet for each story because once it's submitted it's out of the race for many months, and checking guidelines for editorial preferences, and reformatting the stories that needed special treatment, and writing cover letters and choosing which credits to list, and attaching files and checking the attached files and then checking the spelling and then checking everything again.

Submitting stories is not as easy as some people might think. But today's extravaganza was my own fault. If I'd stuck with sending off 2 stories a week this month as I should have done, then I wouldn't have had to cram today.

Oh, and I've finally found the house I want to buy:

It's on the Island of Elliðaey, near Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland. It might be a bit hard to get to the Arvo Job and horse riding though.

No comments: