"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Monday, March 26, 2012

All Weeks Should Start Like This

After an all-dayer at the Arvo Job, I came home to two packages wedged between the fly screen and front door. Could they be, could they be...?

Yes! It was book bounty from the US! My copies of Dark Tales of Lost Civilizations had arrived. I quickly ripped open the packages, fondled the books, and discovered to my surprise that there were introductions to go with each story. I quickly located my own story, as you do. With lovely phrases like cheeky and smart and Gitte Christensen, whose crisp prose is as fun to read as it is thoughtful, and a description of the story as reading a bit like a sensationalist harlequin novel, well, come what may, I'll be grinning all week.

1 comment: