"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, March 31, 2012

Getting To Know Them

Yay! I did everything I set out to do on this most writerly of writerly days, with the help of many cups of coffee (as a tea drinker, I get extra bangs for my caffeine bucks when I do hit the hard stuff). Up at the crack of dawn, battling a body that did not want to do a sixth day of extreme commuting, I headed off for Jack Dann's spec-fic workshop, rereading workshop stories on the train all the way to *groan* Melbourne.

I drank coffee. We eased into the workshop. I drank coffee. We got used to each other and grew more comfortable critiquing. I drank coffee. We had a few laughs. I drank coffee. We decided on a more rigorous schedule for next time. I finished off with a cup of tea.

Then it was back to the train, out with my notebook and me, seriously buzzed, industriously tapping away at the keyboard all the way home. After opening up the house, patting the cats, putting on a load of washing, and transferring files to my writing computer, the lingering effects of all that coffee got me through 3 hours of spitting and polishing the story I REALLY wanted to get done for a midnight deadline if only for the satisfaction of achieving the goal I'd set myself.

And yay! I've just sent it! Again with the yay! And here, have some more caffeine inspired !!!s.

Now I can collapse. Maybe. Coffee might keep me upright for a few more hours. Anyway, Sunday, here I come.

No comments: